19/02/2014

How NAAN got her Groove back.

Yes, I have got my groove back, THANK GOODNESS.

I have spent a long time searching inward and trying to find the person inside, I have managed to find her....or bits of her, but then just as she has emerged, I realized that during the introspection journey, I had also surrounded myself with people that are highly critical of anyone that takes pleasure in fashion, style or simply good grooming, and somehow I let that be a part of me for a while.

To be quite honest, suppressing that part of me has been the most miserable thing I have done to myself on purpose. I have never felt enslaved to style and good grooming to the extent that I would be scared of being caught in public without make up, or in sweat pants or such, so in a subtle way, it felt logical to accept people's reasoning that having a sense of style at all was vanity and that it took away from a person's very essence.

Well something happened recently that made me realize that just like I have no right to criticize anyone's lack of interest in fashion or style, NO ONE has a right to criticize my love and delight in fashion and having a sense of style.

You see, in my experience, people that are critical of anyone or anything contrary to what they practice, do so either as a result of envy or simply to mask their inadequacy at what they criticize. I have always loved making clothes and dressing myself and others up, and I have finally decided to stop being around or listening to people that are battling a sense of inferiority that has nothing to do with me or what I enjoy. Therefore I am going to actively create, make myself and others wear lovely clothes and feel good about doing so.

2 comments:

  1. That's an attitude Naan! Follow your passion as it can take you to some wonderful places. I'm looking forward to seeing your next step.

    ReplyDelete