19/02/2014

ZLATA by STEPALICA


Yes, I finally made it!

This is the pattern I tested for STEPALICA. It was fun to make and a challenge. Personally I don't feel like I got the perfect fabric combo here although I love the final outcome. The skirt has a detail at the waist that serves as a belt hold which I decided to accentuate with a deeper shade of green to offset the neon.

It is pretty as it is without a belt and in all honesty unless I wear a belt that is the same colour with whatever shirt I will wear it with, I think the two colours of the skirt can work well without a belt, which is good.


This is when it all began. The pattern was sent as a PDF file so I had to cut and join them, then trace them onto a tracing paper to cut out.


These are the pieces after transferring the pdf bit onto a tracing paper and cutting out.

This is the sewing instruction which by the way was very well written and easy to follow. I stapled the pages together and made it into a neat book for easier storage and also so that I wouldn't lose the pages. The skirt offers three categories with the same pattern and I used Pattern Style B.
My initial idea was to use a pair of either one of these four fabrics
I went for the neon and light green, because I love loud colours (neon). However after cutting them and putting them together, I didn't like the result, the light green seemed to take the life out of the neon. Luckily I had a strip of a darker shade of green which I substituted for the waist and pockets detail.
I made the back intentionally longer although not long enough. I wanted to make sure It was long enough at the back since my 'afro butt' has the tendency of lifting skirts at the back.
I love this skirt and would certainly make another. And if you enjoyed this posting and love the skirt, you are in luck. AnaJan of STEPALICA has the pattern available HERE




3 comments:

  1. Fun!! I love the skirt and the colors you chose. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a bold skirt! Thank you so much for participating Naan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Carrie. AnaJan, it was an honour for me to have tested this pattern, plus it was a fun project to work on.

    ReplyDelete